Psychoanalysis: From Practice to Theory makes a significant contribution to the debate about the most important problems that psychoanalysis presents. It will be of great value to psychoanalysts, psychotherapists, and students of psychoanalysis.
…This Immense Fascination with the Unconscious: Psychoanalysis and Surrealism
…In so doing, he moves from psychoanalysis to the law and medicine, to philosophy and the constituents of science. Freud and Foucault jostle here with Thomas Kuhn, Ian Hacking and Robert Stoller, and Einstein and Freud?s connection emerges as a case study of two icons…
…The History of Sociology and Psychoanalysis in the United States: Diverse Perspectives on a Longstanding Relationship
2. Opening/Closing the Sociological Mind to Psychoanalysis
George Cavalletto, Catherine Silver
3. Paranoid and Institutional Responses to…
Table of contents
1. Introduction Of Two Minds: The Uneasy Relationship between Postcolonial Theory and Psychoanalysis
2. The Fanonian Psychoanalytic
3. ‘None of them is true but all of them…
Table of contents
1. Introduction: Aporia, the Sphinx, and the Hope that Life Will Make Sense
2. Ion’s Aporia: Just Another Oedipus?
3. Towards a New Anthropogony? Tron Revisited
…Cooperation not Incorporation: Psychoanalysis and Neuroscience
3. Recollecting the Past in the Present: Memory in the Dialogue Between Psychoanalysis and Cognitive Science
…Talking Therapies, Culture, the State and Neoliberalism: Is There a Need for Critical Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis and Counselling?
Part II. What Can We Learn from Critical Psychiatry and Critical Psychology?
2. The Medical Model: What Is…
Psychoanalysis and the Image brings together an influential team of international scholars who demonstrate innovative ways to apply psychoanalytical resources in the study of international modern art and visual representation.
Examines psychoanalytic concepts, values, debates and controversies…
…Invitation: Revisioning Psychoanalysis (The Un/limited Un/conscious)
3. Freud’s Culture
4. The Re-enactment of Denial
5. Sa loob ang kulo: Speaking the Unconscious in the Transformations of a Filipino…