"Two of economic geography's most gifted practitioners here offer an analysis of their sub-discipline full of insight, verve, and attitude. Their wide and deep understanding of economic geography as a heterodox, contested field of knowledge allows them…
This volume brings together leading scholars in the geography and history of twentieth-century Britain to illustrate the contribution that geographical thinking can make to understanding modern Britain.
The first collection to explore the contribution that geographical thinking can make…
Geography is more than just trivia, it can help you understand why we import or export certain products, predict climate change, and even show you where to place fire and police stations when planning a city.
If you’re curious about the world and want to know more about this fascinating…
…The Making of Geographies of Knowledge at World’s Fairs: Morocco at Expo 2000 in Hanover
10. Geographies of Science and Public Understanding? Exploring the Reception of the British Association for the Advancement of Science in Britain and in…
…Recent Trends in the Geography of Religion in Japan
2. Religious Tradition in Japan
3. Spatial Structure of Japanese Religion
4. Sacred Places, Pilgrimage, and Tourism
…General Characteristics of the Physical Geography of Hungary
1. Relief Evolution
2. Climate of Hungary
3. Hydrography of Hungary
4. Soils of Hungary
5. Natural Vegetation…
Urban Geography a comprehensive introduction to a variety of issues relating to contemporary urban geography, including patterns and processes of urbanization, urban development, urban planning, and life experiences in modern cities.
…A Domestic Geography of Everyday Terror: Remembering and Forgetting the House I Grew Up In
12. Moving Through Memory: Notes from a Circus Lot
13. Making Memories Our Own (Way): Non-State Remembrances of the Second…
…Integrating Geography and Social Epidemiology in Drug Abuse Research
Yonette Thomas, Douglas Richardson, Ivan Cheung
3. Integrating GIS into the Study of Contextual Factors Affecting Injection Drug Use Along the Mexico/US Border
Kimberly C. Brouwer, John…
The third edition of this comprehensive encyclopedic dictionary covers the whole field of physical geography and provides an essential reference for all students and lecturers in this field.