Bringing together a range of core texts into one volume, this acclaimed anthology offers the definitive resource in culture, media, and communication.
A fully revised new edition of the bestselling anthology in this dynamic and
New contributions include…
An ambitious rendering of the digital future from a pioneer of media and cultural studies, a wise and witty take on a changing field, and our orientation to itInvestigates the uses of multimedia by creative and productive citizen-consumers to provide…
Table of contents
2. Towards a Spiritually Engaged Cultural Studies
3. Methods, Traditions, Liminal Identities
4. Of Intellectual Hospitality, Buddhism and Deconstruction
5. The ‘Religious Question’ in Foucault’s Genealogies of Experience
…Media, Ideology, and Politics
2. Žižek’s Reception: Fifty Shades of Gray Ideology
Paul A. Taylor
3. The Sublime Absolute: Althusser, Žižek, and the Critique of Ideology
4. Student Fantasies: A Žižekian Perspective on the 2012 Quebec…
The subject of the aesthetic has returned to cultural and literary debates with a vengeance. The Aesthetics of Cultural Studies is a timely and authoritative collection of essays that analyze the role of aesthetics…
Experts from five continents provide a thorough exploration of cultural studies, looking at different ideas, places and problems addressed by the field.
Brings together the latest work in cultural studies…
Why Cultural Studies? is a rallying call for a reinvigoration of the project of cultural studies that provides a critical analysis of its meteoric rise to the academic fore and…
Global Media Studies is unique in its coverage of places, peoples, institutions, and discourses. Toby Miller and Marwan M. Kraidy provide a comprehensive ?how-to? guide to the study of media, going far beyond the…
Critical Cultural Policy Studies: A Reader brings together classic statements and contemporary views that illustrate how everyday culture is as much a product of policy and economic determinants as it is of creative and consumer impulses.
…Communicating Investment: Cultural Studies, Politics and Affect
2. Activating Empathy: Richard Hoggart, Ordinariness and the Persistence of ‘Them’ and ‘Us’
3. The Politics of…