Part I. Aortic Disease
1. In Patients with Acute Type B Aortic Dissection, Do Current Operative Therapies Reduce Complications Compared to Medical Management?
Nadia Awad, Joseph Lombardi
2. In Patients with a Chronic Type B Dissection, Does Endovascular Treatment Reduce Long Term Complications?
Yana Etkin, Ronald M. Fairman
3. In Patients with a Retrograde Type A Aortic Dissection, Does Treatment Like a Type B Aortic Dissection Improve Outcomes?
Reilly D. Hobbs, Prashanth Vallabhajosyula, Wilson Y. Szeto
4. In Patients with Small AAA, Does Medical Therapy Prevent Growth?
Kenneth R. Ziegler, John A. Curci
5. Challenging AAA Neck Anatomy: Does the Fenestrated or Snorkel/Chimney Technique Improve Mortality and Freedom from Reintervention Relative to Open Repair?
Brant W. Ullery, Jason T. Lee
6. In Patients Who Require Hypogastric Artery Coverage to Treat an AAA with EVAR, Does Preservation Improve Outcomes When Compared to Exclusion of the Vessel?
Sina Iranmanesh, Edward Y. Woo
7. In Patients with Aortic Graft Infections, Does EVAR Improve Long Term Survival Compared to Open Graft Resection?
M. J. E. Rijn, E. V. Rouwet, S. Raa, J. M. Hendriks, H. J. M. Verhagen
8. Does EVAR Improve Outcomes or Quality of Life in Patients Unfit for Open Surgery?
Tadaki M. Tomita, Andrew W. Hoel
9. In Patients with Type 2 Endoleaks Does Intervention Reduce Aneurysm Related Morbidity and Mortality Compared to Observation?
Lisa Kang, Brian Funaki
10. Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Treated with Endovascular Repair; Does Decompressive Laparotomy Result in Improved Clinical Outcomes?
Chandler A. Long, Veer Chahwala, Ravi K. Veeraswamy
11. In a Patient with Blunt Traumatic Aortic Injury, Does TEVAR Improve Survival Compared to Open Repair or Expectant Management?
Gerald R. Fortuna, Ali Azizzadeh
Part II. Lower Extremity Arterial Disease
12. In Patients with Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease, Does Endovascular Repair Improve Outcomes When Compared to Open Repair?
Michael S. Hong, William C. Pevec
13. In Patients with Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease, Does Extra-anatomic Bypass Improve Quality of Life and Limb Salvage?
George E. Havelka, William H. Pearce
14. In Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia Does Bypass Improve Limb Salvage and Quality of Life When Compared to Endovascular Revascularization?
Jeffrey J. Siracuse, Alik Farber
15. In Patients with Limb-Threatening Ischemia Who Are Not Candidates for Revascularization Do Non-operative Options Improve Outcomes Compared to Amputation?
Craig Weinkauf, Joseph L. Mills
16. In the Patient with Profunda Artery Disease, Is Open Revascularization Superior to Endovascular Repair for Improving Rest Pain?
Jordan R. Stern, Victor M. Bernhard
17. In Patients with Limb-Threatening Vascular Injuries, Is There a Role of Prophylactic Fasciotomy to Reduce Ischemic Injury?
Melanie Hoehn, Megan Brenner, Todd E. Rasmussen
18. In Patients with Popliteal Entrapment Syndrome, Does Surgery Improve Quality of Life?
Rachel E. Heneghan, Niten Singh
Part III. Mesenteric Disease
19. In Patients with Acute Mesenteric Ischemia Does an Endovascular or Hybrid Approach Improve Morbidity and Mortality Compared to Open Revascularization?
Mark Wyers, Fahad Shuja
20. Chronic Mesenteric Arterial Disease: Does an Endovascular/Hybrid Approach Improve Morbidity and Mortality as Compared to Open Revascularization?
Aaron C. Baker, Gustavo S. Oderich
21. In Patients with Mesenteric Ischemia Is Single Vessel Reconstruction Equivalent to Multiple Vessel Revascularization?
Omar C. Morcos, Tina R. Desai
22. In Patients with Celiac Artery Compression Syndrome, Does Surgery Improve Quality of Life?
Grace Zee Mak
23. In Patients with Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome, Is Enteric Bypass Superior to Duodenal Mobilization?
Monika A. Krezalek, John C. Alverdy
24. In Patients with Renovascular Hypertension Is There a Role for Open or Endovascular Revascularization Compared to Medical Management?
Joie C. Dunn, Sung Wan Ham, Fred A. Weaver
25. Does Endovascular Repair Reduce the Risk of Rupture Compared to Open Repair in Splanchnic Artery Aneurysms?
Benjamin J. Pearce
Part IV. Cerebrovascular Disease
26. In Patients with Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis Does Current Best Medical Management Reduce the Risk of Stroke Compared to Intervention (Endarterectomy or Stent)?
James R. Brorson
27. In Patients with Symptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis Is Endarterectomy Safer Than Carotid Stenting?
Benjamin Colvard, Wei Zhou
28. In Patients Undergoing Carotid Endarterectomy, Is the Eversion Technique Superior to a Patch Technique to Reduce Restenosis?
Lewis B. Schwartz
29. In Patients with a Stroke Attributable to a Carotid Artery Stenosis, Does Waiting to Operate Reduce the Risk of Complications?
David A. Nation, Benjamin M. Jackson
30. In Patients with a Peri-procedural Cerebral Thromboembolism, Does Neurovascular Rescue Improve Clinical Outcome?
Javed Khader Eliyas, Seon-Kyu Lee
31. In Patients with Extra-cranial Carotid Artery Aneurysms, Does an Endovascular Approach Improve Clinical Outcomes Compared to Open Repair?
Marguerite Hoyler, Nicholas J. Morrissey
32. In Patients with Carotid Artery Dissection, Is Stenting Superior to Open Repair to Improve Clinical Outcomes?
Reshma Brahmbhatt, Ravi R. Rajani
33. In Patients with Cervico-Thoracic Vascular Injuries Is Endovascular Repair Superior in Long-Term Durability When Compared to Open Repair?
Shahriar Alizadegan, Peter J. Rossi
Part V. Venous and Arteriovenous Disease
34. In Patients with Iliofemoral Deep Vein Thrombosis Does Clot Removal Improve Functional Outcome When Compared to Traditional Anticoagulation?
Mikin V. Patel, Brian Funaki
35. In Morbidly Obese Patients Undergoing Major Abdominal Operative Procedures, Does Inferior Vena Cava Filter Placement Prevent Massive PE?
Thuong G. Ha
36. In Patients with Chronic Venous Stenosis, Does Placement of a Stent Improve Patency Compared to Recurrent Angioplasty?
Jeffrey Y. Wang, Arthur C. Lee
37. In Patients with Chronic Venous Ulcer Is the Unna Boot Still the Best Approach to Wound Care
Ann M. Zmuda
38. In Patients with Threatened or Occluded Dialysis Access Grafts, Is It Better to Salvage the Graft, or Create a New Site?
Mona G. Flores, Eugene S. Lee
39. In Patients with New Arteriovenous Fistulas, Are There Effective Strategies to Enhance AVF Maturation and Durability Beyond Waiting?
Syed Ali Rizvi, Anil P. Hingorani
Part VI. Perio-operative Management
40. In Patients with Cardiovascular Disease, Do Statins Alone, or in Combination with Other Medications Improve Mortality?
Bjoern D. Suckow, Philip P. Goodney
41. In Patients Who Have Undergone a Lower Extremity Bypass for PAD, Does Dual Anti-platelet Therapy Improve Outcomes?
William Bevilacqua, Christopher L. Skelly
42. In Patients Undergoing Vascular Surgery, Does Preoperative Coronary Revascularization Reduce the Risk of Myocardial Infarction and Death?
Rohan Kalathiya, Atman Shah, Sandeep Nathan
- Milner, Ross
- Skelly, Christopher L.
- Difficult Decisions in Surgery: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Hälsa, skönhet, mode
- eISBN (PDF)
- Tryckt ISBN