A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities presents a comprehensive collection of original essays relating to aspects of gender and sexuality in the classical world.
- Views the various practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each chapter, with sensitivity to the continuities and differences between the two classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical influence on the understanding of later ages and religion
- Covers artistic and literary genres, various social environments of sexual conduct, and the technical disciplines of medicine, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from more than 40 top international scholars
Nyckelord: gender, sexuality, classical studies, ancient culture, sexual literary genres, history of sex, historical sexology, ancient athletics, ancient cults, ancient physiognomy, roman sex, greek sex, women in the ancient world, masculaity in the ancient world, feminity in the ancient world, hetersexuality, homosexuality, marriage in the ancient world, love, scholarship, reference, ancient sexualities, gay studies, historical sexualities, Gender & Sexuality, Gender & Sexuality