With concerns rising over the ethical dimensions of behavioral research and the developments in ethical codification and the research review process, Ethical Issues in Behavioral Research looks at the research community’s response to the ethical challenges that arise in the application of research approaches.
- Focuses on ethical and legal aspects of participant research on the internet
- Presents a practical framework for ethical decision making
- Discusses the revised ethical principles and code of conduct of the American Psychological Association
- A new chapter detailing ethical issues in marketing and opinion research, including a contrast of market and academic research and a summary of the author’s research comparing ethical trends in psychology and marketing fields
- Offers in-depth coverage of recent ethical developments outside of the United States including an update of the survey of the international codes of ethics and recommendations for avoiding ethical pitfalls encountered in cross-national research
- Includes a list of useful internet links devoted to ethical issues in research
- Includes a Foreword by Herbert C. Kelman