- A unique combination of book and CD-ROM examining the effects of recent socio-economic transformations on western European cities.
- Focuses on the interplay between segregation, social exclusion and governance issues in these cities.
- Takes a comparative approach by highlighting the specifics of European cities vis-à-vis other urban contexts and analysing the intra-European differences.
- The CD-ROM features a series of 2,000 photographs from seventeen cities (Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin, Birmingham, Brussels, Bucharest, Helsinki, London, Milan, Naples, New York, Paris, Rotterdam, Tirana, Turin, and Utrecht).
- Also features 126 thematic maps, interviews with established scholars, and literature reviews.
- The book and the CD-ROM are linked through an extensive cross-referencing system.
Nyckelord: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / Urban SOC026030