—From the Foreword, by Rosemary Cook CBE, Hon D Lett, MSc, PG Dip, RGN Director, The Queen's Nursing Institute
Clinical skills are a fundamental aspect of district nursing care. The District Nursing Manual of Clinical Procedures is a practical, evidence-based manual of clinical skills which reflects the unique challenges of district nursing care within the patient's home. It provides a comprehensive resource for all district nurses, community nurses, students and healthcare professionals involved in the district nursing team, enabling them to practice competently and confidently and deliver clinically effective, person-centred care.
The District Nursing Manual of Clinical Procedures addresses the complexity of district nursing care and encompasses key aspects of clinical practice, includingdecision making in areasthat district and community nurses often struggle with or find difficult when they are on their own in a patient's home. It utilises the latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge to address these challenges, and to provide the underlying theory and evidence for district nursing care.
- Evidence-based manual of practical clinical skills in district nursing care
- Clear, user-friendly and easy to understand
- Contains recommendations for expert care within a patient's own home
- Addresses key concerns of district and community nurses working on their own within a patient's home
- Encompasses key aspects of district nursing care
- Placed in the context of person-centred care
- All procedures include the rationale for each action - 'why' as well as 'how'
Nyckelord: difficulties; nurses; district; account; community; unique; guide; range; every; nursing; stage; diverse; clinical; evidence; procedures; assessment; manual; aspects; nursing practice; administration; key; encompasses, Community Nursing, Nursing Older People, Community Nursing, Nursing Older People