PROMISING NEW APPROACHES TO RECYCLE CARBON DIOXIDE AND REDUCE EMISSIONS
With this book as their guide, readers will learn a variety of new approaches and methods to recycle and reuse carbon dioxide (CO2) in order to produce green fuels and chemicals and, at the same time, minimize CO2 emissions. The authors demonstrate how to convert CO2 into a broad range of essential products by using alternative green energy sources, such as solar, wind, and hydro-power as well as sustainable energy sources. Readers will discover that CO2 can be a driving force for the sustainable future of both the chemical industry and the energy and fuels industry.
Green Carbon Dioxide features a team of expert authors, offering perspectives on the latest breakthroughs in CO2 recycling from Asia, Europe, and North America. The book begins with an introduction to the production of CO2-based fuels and chemicals. Next, it covers such topics as:
- Transformation of CO2 to useable products through free-radical-induced reactions
- Hydrogenation of CO2 to liquid fuels
- Direct synthesis of organic carbonates from CO2 and alcohols using heterogeneous oxide catalysts
- Electrocatalytic reduction of CO2 in methanol medium
- Fuel production from photocatalytic reduction of CO2 with water using TiO2-based nanocomposites
- Use of CO2 in enhanced oil recovery and carbon capture and sequestration
More than 1,000 references enable readers to explore individual topics in greater depth.
Green Carbon Dioxide offers engineers, chemists, and managers in the chemical and energy and fuel industries a remarkable new perspective, demonstrating how CO2 can play a significant role in the development of a sustainable Earth.
Nyckelord: Transforming Carbon Dioxide into Synthetic Fuels; Transforming Carbon Dioxide into Synthetic Fuels; Siglinda Perathoner; fossil-fuels; wind-power; hydro-power; non-fossil fuel energy, Environmental Engineering, Electrochemistry, Environmental Engineering, Electrochemistry