One of the most successful therapeutic approaches to healing dysfunctional relationships, emotionally focused couple therapy provides clients with powerful insights into how and why they may be suppressing their emotions and teaches them practical ways to deal with those feelings more constructively for improved relationships. Unlike cognitive-behavioural therapy, which provides effective short-term coping skills, emotionally focused therapy often is prescribed as a second-stage treatment for couples with lingering emotional difficulties. Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy For Dummies introduces readers to this ground-breaking therapy, offering simple, proven strategies and tools for dealing with problems with bonding, attachment and emotions, the universal cornerstones of healthy relationships.
- An indispensable resource for readers who would like to manage their relationship problems independently through home study
- Delivers powerful techniques for dealing with unpleasant emotions, rather than repressing them and for responding constructively to complex relationship issues
- The perfect introduction to EFT basics for therapists considering expanding their practices to include emotionally focused therapy methods
- Packed with fascinating and instructive case studies and examples of EFT in action, from the authors' case files
- Provides valuable guidance on finding, selecting and working with the right EFT certified therapist
Nyckelord: couples therapy, marriage counselling, relationship therapy, improve your relationship, deal with relationship problems, emotionally focused therapy, emotionally focused couples therapy, dealing with your emotions, build better relationship, emotional healing, better marriage, how to talk to your spouse, marital therapy, emotionally focused technique for couples, heal damaged relationships, marital healing, better marriage guide, emotionally focused couples therapy examples, emotionally focused couples therapy exercises, what is EFT, EFT guide, EFT