Practical and accessible, this dictionary is designed to enlighten those newly engaged in anthropological study or seeking a quick guide to the field.
- Fills a need for a beginner’s pocket guide to the far-reaching and complex field of anthropology, including over 800 detailed entries and the intellectual background of terms
- Written in plain, jargon-free language, for readers without extensive background in the field
- Features brief, conceptual definitions of terms, bibliographical references to anthropological classics, related works for background reading and further research
- The user-friendly format includes bold terms featured elsewhere in the book, extensive cross-references, and indexes of names, peoples, places and subjects
- Incorporates related terminology from allied fields such as sociology, economics and geography
Nyckelord: Social & Cultural Anthropology, Kinship, gender, language, reference, ethnography, student guide, culture, theory, method