How can managers discover, develop and implement successful business strategies for China and our global economy? Drawing on in-depth research with top executives of successful Chinese and Western companies, this book provides a road map for profitable business strategies in our interconnected economy. In the process, the authors describe and examine both Chinese and Western strategic management, their weaknesses and strengths. Starting with an analysis of the historical, cultural and legal antecedents of Chinese strategy, the authors identify potential for synergy and dominance between companies from Western, industrialized economies and Chinese companies. The book closes with recommendations on how the managements of non-Chinese companies, now pouring into China, can most effectively compete and interact with Chinese businesspersons and governments.
The Chinese Tao of Business offers guidance to compete successfully against local companies and in foreign markets through:
- Unique insights into Chinese bus iness strategy, including its origins and influencing factors;
- Insightful perspectives on the evolution of China’s market and business environments;
- Incisive analysis of Eastern and Western strategic decision-making styles and how they differ;
- Cogent identification of hidden and overt threats, pitfalls and opportunities that Western companies face in China and how to plan for them;
- Effective direction through an Adaptive-Action Road Map (ARM) for successful business strategies in China and the global economy.
Nyckelord: General & Introductory Business & Management