- Convert classroom activities to an online environment
- Assess the learning that occurs as a result of collaborative activities
- Phase-in activities that promote engagement among online learners
- Build peer interaction through peer partnerships and team activities
- Create authentic activities and implement games and simulations
Engaging the Online Learner is the first title in the Jossey-Bass Guides to Online Teaching and Learning. This series helps higher education professionals improve the practice of online teaching and learning by providing concise, practical resources focused on particular areas or issues they might confront in this new learning environment.
"The Phases of Engagement framework provides a road map for creating community at each phase of an online course. This book is an invaluable guide to innovative practices for online learning."
Judith V. BOETTCHER, instructional futurist, Designing for Learning
"Engagement is the heart of online learning. The authors have developed an encyclopedia of tried-and-true learner engagement activities that are authentic and ready to use."
Donald P. ELY, professor emeritus, Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, Syracuse University
- Conrad, Rita-Marie
- Donaldson, J. Ana
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Jossey-Bass Guides to Online Teaching and Learning
- Fostran, undervisning
- eISBN (PDF)
- Tryckt ISBN