- Traces a transformation in the way religion is understood and performed in the western world.
- Makes several major claims about the past, present and future of true religion.
- Uses cultural metaphors as ways into understanding religion.
- Refers to plays, poetry, novels, paintings and films, including Romeo and Juliet, Moby Dick, The Exorcist and Stigmata.
- Suggests that the end of wars between nations could result in a return of wars of faith.
- Part of the prestigious Blackwell Manifestos series.
Nyckelord: RELIGION / General REL000000