Kosher Food Production serves as an indispensable outline of the issues confronting the application of Kosher law to issues of modern food technology.
- Basic Kashrus – Leading off the book is a section introducing the reader to Kosher Laws and Theory.
- Food Production Principles – Information covered includes Kosher food plant design, cleaning and detergents, GMPs for Kosher facilities, and more.
- Industry-specific Discussions of Kosher Application
- Food, Beverage, and Ingredient Articles – These enlightening chapters, examine how Kosher regulations impact modern food production for over 40 categories of food items by describing the relevant Jewish history, tradition, and law.
- The Bottom Line – These brief, bulleted summations at the end of each chapter recap the key things to remember about Kosher food processing of the food, beverage, or ingredient covered.
- Glossary of Kosher Terminology – A listing of Jewish Kashrus-related terms, which may be unfamiliar to the lay food scientist, is included at the back of the book