The Third Edition of Radio System Design for Telecommunications brings this highly acclaimed book fully up to date with the latest technological advances and new applications. At the same time, the hallmarks of the previous editions, including the text's popular tutorial presentation, have been retained. Readers therefore get all the tools and guidance they need to master an essential set of current design techniques for radio systems that operate at frequencies of 3 MHz to 100 GHz.
Using simple mathematics, the author illustrates design concepts and applications. The book's logical organization, beginning with a discussion of radio propagation problems, enables readers to progressively develop the skills and knowledge needed to advance in the text. Topics that are new to the Third Edition include:
- Chapter devoted to wireless LANs (WLANs) as detailed in IEEE 802.11
- Subsections covering IEEE 802.15, 802.16, 802.20, and the wireless metropolitan area network (WMAN)
- WiFi, WiMax, and UWB applications that have recently experienced explosive growth
- Broadband radio in telecommunications, as well as offset frequency division multiplex (OFDM), a new technique for transmitting information in an interference environment
- The use of very small aperture satellite terminal (VSAT) systems as an economical alternative to public switched telecommunication networks (PSTN)
Review questions and problems at the end of each chapter engage readers' newfound skills and knowledge and help them assess whether they are ready to progress to the next chapter. References are provided for readers who want to investigate particular topics in greater depth.
Students in wireless telecommunications will find the book's tutorial style ideal for learning all the ins and outs of radio system design, whereas professionals in the industry will want to refer to the Third Edition for its clear explanations of the latest technology and applications.
Nyckelord: Mobile & Wireless Communications
- Freeman, Roger L.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing
- 912 sidor
- Teknologi, energi, trafik
- eISBN (PDF)
- Tryckt ISBN