21 items are used to target particular aspects of the operating system and provide a simple and straightforward exploration of coding fundamentals. Using example code and descriptions of best practice to deconstruct Symbian OS, the items guide you to what you should and should not do (and why), pointing out commonly-made mistakes along the way.
Technologies covered include:
- client-server architecture
- descriptors and dynamic containers
- active objects, threads and processes
- leaves, cleanup stack and 2-phase construction
- thin templates, good API design, memory optimization, debug and test macros
- the ECOM plug-in framework
Symbian OS Explained can be read cover-to-cover or dipped into as a reference that will improve your code style when programming with Symbian OS.
Nyckelord: COMPUTERS / Networking / General COM043000