…Reveals the 11 principles of rational living that when put into practice can consistently increase levels of personal happiness Includes selected excerpts from Ellis’ writings, revealing the difference between the psychological architectures of emotional unhappiness and human happiness Presents verbatim…
With Beyond Rationality, Kenneth R. Hammond, one of the most respected and experienced experts in judgment and decision-making, sums up his life's work and persuasively argues that decisions should be based on balance and pragmatism rather than rigid ideologies.
Hammond has long focused…
…Emotions and Subjectivity, Cheshire Calhoun
Part IV: Emotions and Rationality
8. Emotions, Rationality, and Mind-Body, Patricia Greenspan
9. Some Considerations About Intellectual Desire and Emotions, Michael Stocker
…Rationality: Cultural or Natural?
7.0. Section Introduction, Christina Erneling
7.1. Beyond the Mind-Body Problem, Timothy van Gelder
7.2. Workshop Rationality and the Reasonable Persistence of Dogmatism, Ian Jarvie
…Kilograms Matter: Rational Analysis, Ecological Rationality, and Closed-loop Modeling of Interactive Cognition and Behavior, Byrne, Kirlik & Fick
Part VII Reflections and Future Directions.
19. Reflections from a Judgment & Decision Making Perspective, Connolly
…A Rational-Ecological Approach to the Exploration-Exploitation Tradeoffs: Bounded Rationality and Suboptimal Performance, Wai-Tat Fu
13. Sequential dependencies in human behavior offer insights into cognitive control, Michael C. Mozer, Sachiko Kinoshita, and Michael…
…Adaptive Rationality and the Moral Emotions, Robert H. Frank
Part IX. Emotion and Psychopathology
48. Introduction: Emotion and Psychopathology, Robert M. Post
49. Response Modulation and Emotion Processing: Implications for Psychopathy and Other Dysregulatory…