Table of contents
2. What Is Gender Essentialism?
3. Different Women. Gender and the Realism-Nominalism Debate
4. The Metaphysics of Sex and Gender
…Sacralizing Time and Space through an Epistemology of Peace: A Feminist Reading of DiscipleSFX of Malaysia
Sharon A. Bong
9. From Cyberchurch to Faith Apps Religion 2.0 on the Rise?
Pauline Hope Cheong
Part IV. Spirituality in the Digital Age
…The Marginalization of Feminist Epistemology and What That Reveals About Epistemology ‘Proper’
2. Contextualism in Feminist Epistemology and Philosophy of Science
…Contested Terrains: New Feminist Perspectives on Embodiment
Clara Fischer, Luna Dolezal
Part I. Normative Bodies, Ethics, and Vulnerability
2. A Genealogy of Women’s (Un)Ethical Bodies
3. The Normal Body: Female Bodies in Changing Contexts…
…Horizons and Limitations of Muslim Feminist Hermeneutics: Reflections on the Menstruation Verse
4. Is Unconditional Forgiveness Ever Good?
5. Simone Weil’s Social Philosophy: Toward a Post-Colonial Ethic
Table of contents
2. Normativity, Feminism, and Politics
Bat-Ami Bar On
3. Ethical Reasons and Political Commitments
4. Feminist Eudaimonism: Eudaimonism as Non-Ideal Theory
L’Imagination au Pouvoir: Comparing John Rawls’s Method of Ideal Theory…
…The book draws insights from critical race, feminist, postcolonial, queer, and trans* theory to give a compelling, original, and highly readable introduction to historical and contemporary debates on gender and political theory for students.
…- ;Oxford Studies in Epistemology is a biennial publicaton which offers a regular snapshot of state-of-the-art work in this important field. Under the guidance of a distinguished editorial board composed of leading philosophers in North America, Europe and Australasia,…
…Considers salient philosophical issues relating to pregnancy, birth, babycare, and raising a child
Chapters include "The Days and Nights of a New Mother: Existentialism in the Nursery", "The Media Proudly Presents: Lessons' from Celebrity Moms", and "The Off Button: Thought Experiments and…
Wonder Woman and Philosophy: The Amazonian Mystique explores a wide range of philosophical questions surrounding the most popular female superhero of all time, from her creation as feminist propaganda during World War II up to the first female lead in the blockbuster DC movie-franchise.…