…Do the Fallacies Have a Place in the Teaching of Reasoning Skills or Critical Thinking?
26. Is There an Argumentum ad Hominem Fallacy?
Part VII. Informal Logic and Critical Thinking
…The selected writings chosen for this volume show how these rhetorical textbooks were a practical extension of the philosophy of language developed by 18th century Scottish philosophers.
Francis Hutcheson, Adam Smith, Thomas Reid, Adam Ferguson, Alexander Gerard, and…
The Ways We Think critiques predominant approaches to the development of thinking in education and seeks to offer a new account of thought informed by phenomenology, post-structuralism and the ‘ordinary language’ philosophical traditions. Presents an original account of thinking for…
…He resigned from active teaching duties in 1785 to devote himself to writing, and published two more books - Essays on the Intellectual Powers of Man (1785) and Essays on the Active Powers of Man (1788). Within a short time of publication, Reid's works were translated…
…The Language of Our Living Body
Angela Ales Bello
2. What is it Like to Be Embodied, Naturalizing Bodily Self-Awareness?
3. Edmund Husserl’s Anthropological Proposal in the Ideen I/II
4. Non-Intentionality of the…
…Revisiting the Language Question in African Philosophy
10. Is African Studies Afraid of African Philosophy?
Part II. Philosophical Traditions and African Philosophy
11. The Geography of African Philosophy