1. Substantive Patent and Utility Model Law
1. Prior Art from the Internet – A Potential Further Reason for Branching off a Utility Model from a Pending Patent Application
2. Registration without Examination: The Utility Model – A Useful Model?
3. Nonobviousness in German Patent Nullity Proceedings
4. Tax Strategy Patents – a Tax Lawyer's View
5. Protection of Scientific Creations under Patent and Copyright Law
6. Personal Rights of Inventors in the Polish Legal System
7. The Priority Right in Patent Law – Use and Misuse?
2. Limitations to Intellectual Property Protection
8. The Experimental Use of the Patented Invention: A Free Use or an Infringing Use?
9. Interpreting Exceptions in Intellectual Property Law
Henrik Holzapfel, Georg Werner
10. A Study on Patent Compulsory License System in China – With Particular Reference to the Drafted 3rd Amendment to the Patent Law of the P.R. of China
11. Compulsory Licensing in Chinese Patent Law
3. Intellectual Property and Competition (Antitrust) Law
12. Deceptive Conduct in the Patent World – A Case for US Antitrust and EU Competition Law?
13. Intellectual Property and Article 82 EC
14. Patents and Standards: The Antitrust Objection as a Defense in Patent Infringement Proceedings
4. Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Patent Law
15. The Inadequacies of the Section 271 (e)(1) Jurisprudence of the United States Supreme Court
Martin J. Adelman
16. Legal and Moral Reflections on Modern Biotechnology in Use & Misuse
17. Biotechnological Patenting and Innovation
18. Circumventing the Debate over State Policy and Property Rights: Section 3(d) of the Indian Patents Act Law
Tanuja V. Garde
19. Medical Use Claims: EPC 2000 and its Impact on Prosecution and Enforcement
Hans-Rainer Jaenichen, Jürgen Meier, Niels Hölder
20. Purpose and Limits of the Exclusion from Patentability of Medical Methods, Especially Diagnostic Methods
21. Special Legislation for Genetic Inventions – A Violation of Article 27(1) TRIPS?
Wolrad Prinz zu Waldeck und Pyrmont
5. Employee Invention Law
22. Effects of the German Law on Employees' Inventions when Posting Employees Within the European Union
Kurt Bartenbach, Franz-Eugen Volz, Markus J. Goetzmann
23. The Finnish 2006 Act on University Inventions – The Road Map to Identifying, Protecting and Utilizing Patentable Research Results
24. University Employee Inventions in Scandinavian and Finnish Law
6. Procedure, Enforcement, and Liability
25. Patent Trolls – Menace or Myth?
26. Liability 2.0 – Does the Internet environment require new standards for secondary liability? An overview of the current legal situation in Germany
27. Can China be Forced to Enforce IP Rights?
28. Trade Secrets and Patent Litigation
29. Reflections on the German Patent Litigation System
30. Enforcement of Unfair Competition Law by Notice of Violation, Rights of Consumers and Public Authorities – Comparative Evaluation of the German Status Quo
Thomas M. J. Möllers
31. Two Major and Long-Lasting Patent Law Issues in Japan
32. Intellectual Property Rights and Arbitration – Miscellaneous
33. Harmonizing Patent Infringement Damages: A Lesson from Japanese Experiences
34. The Inescapable Trap – A Case for Reconsideration?
Rudolf Teschemacher, Jochen Pagenberg
35. Patents without Injunctions? – Trolls, Hold-ups, Ambushes, and Other Patent Warfare
Wolfgang Meibom, Ralph Nack
7. Protecting Technology against Unfair Competition
36. (No) Freedom to Copy? Protection of Technical Features under Unfair Competition Law
37. Reverse Engineering: Unfair Competition or Catalyst for Innovation?
8. Multijurisdictional Aspects of IP
38. Negotiations on the Accession to the EU and the Harmonization of Intellectual Property with the
39. Cross-border Injunctions in Patent Litigations Following the ECJ Decision in GAT v. LuK – Life after Death?
40. Contractual Liability of the Seller Due to Third Parties' Patents and Other IP Rights under German Law and the UN Convention on Sales Contracts
41. The Principle of National Treatment in the International Conventions Protecting Intellectual Property
42. The Extraterritorial Reach of Patent Law
43. Synergies Created by International Cooperation in the Patent Area?
44. Patents in Europe and their Court – Is there Light at the End of the Tunnel?
45. Patents and Developing Countries
Peter Dirk Siemsen, Ivan Bacellar Ahlert
46. Territorial Intellectual Property Rights in a Global Economy – Transit and Other ‘Free Zones’
Alexander Mühlendahl, Dieter Stauder
9. Recent Developments in National IP and Competition Legislation
47. The Spanish Patent System: Future Outlook
48. Incorporation of Patent Law into Part Four of the Russian Civil Code – A Structural Analysis
49. The Quiet Revolution in American Copyright Law
50. Some Remarks On the Third Revision Draft of the Chinese Patent Law
51. Some Critical Remarks Concerning the Act on the Protection of Competition of the Republic of Serbia
Radovan D. Vukadinovic
10. Intellectual Property and Public Policies
52. Secrecy and the Evolution of an Early Patent System
53. Legal Protection of Cultural Heritage in a World of Intellectual Property Rights
Reto M. Hilty
54. Woolly Lines in Intellectual Property Law
55. Economic Perils of U.S. Patent Reform: Flexibility's Achilles Heel
F. Scott Kieff
56. The Need for Climate Improvement in Intellectual Property Law
57. The Patent System – Not More than an Instrument of Public Policy
Slobodan M. Markovic
58. Patents and the Economic Incentive to Invent
59. The Patent Reform Act and Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decisions – A Correction of the Intellectual Property Policies?
60. The Impact of the Amendments of the Chinese Patent System on the Technological and Economic Progress in China
Avainsanat: LAW / General LAW000000