Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sip the water of life, whisky, in an ancient pub, trace the trails of the clanspeople fleeing Glen Coe, or play a round in St Andrew's, golf's spiritual home; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Scotland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - castles, lochs & mountains, islands, literature, food & drink, museums, culture, wildlife, the land
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Edinburgh, Glasgow, Highlands & Islands, Inverness & the Central Highlands, Orkney & Shetland and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland , our most comprehensive guide to Scotland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on the Highlands and Islands or Edinburgh? Check out Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands and Islands guide for a comprehensive look at all these regions have to offer; or Pocket Edinburgh a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every Scotland, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Avainsanat: ;scotland; guidebook; guide books; trip planner; best trips; travel trips; trip book; lonely planet best trips; romantic getaways;travelling book; travel advice; travel guides; adventure travel; travel and tourism; travel tips; travel guide books; travel planners; travel essentials; places to travel; books travel; book travel; travel planning; planning a trip; vacation ideas; best vacation; travel ideas; world?s best travel experiences; touring plans; tourist attractions; tour books; tours; tourist guide; tourist guide book; world best travel experiences;destinations; travel destinations; top travel destinations; dream destinations; great escapes; best escape; perfect escape; best ever travel tips; best travel tips; places to visit; places to visit before you die; cultural tourism;