Globalizing Responsibility: The Political Rationalities of Ethical Consumption
presents an innovative reinterpretation of the forces that have shaped the remarkable growth of ethical consumption.
- Develops a theoretically informed new approach to shape our understanding of the pragmatic nature of ethical action in consumption processes
- Provides empirical research on everyday consumers, social networks, and campaigns
- Fills a gap in research on the topic with its distinctive focus on fair trade consumption
- Locates ethical consumption within a range of social theoretical debates -on neoliberalism, governmentality, and globalisation
- Challenges the moralism of much of the analysis of ethical consumption, which sees it as a retreat from proper citizenly politics and an expression of individualised consumerism
Avainsanat: Ethical, consumption processes, neoliberalism, governmentality, globalization, fair trade, Human Geography, Human Geography