The Student Newspaper Survival Guide has been extensively updated to cover recent developments in online publishing, social media, mobile journalism, and multimedia storytelling; at the same time, it continues to serve as an essential reference on all aspects of producing a student publication.
- Updated and expanded to discuss many of the changes in the field of journalism and in college newspapers, with two new chapters to enhance the focus on online journalism and technology
- Emphasis on Web-first publishing and covering breaking news as it happens, including a new section on mobile journalism
- Guides student journalists through the intricate, multi-step process of producing a student newspaper including the challenges of reporting, writing, editing, designing, and publishing campus newspapers and websites
- Chapters include discussion questions, exercises, sample projects, checklists, tips from professionals, sample forms, story ideas, and scenarios for discussion
- Fresh, new, full color examples from award winning college newspapers around North America
- Essential reading for student reporters, editors, page designers, photographers, webmasters, and advertising sales representatives