Iron Curtains has been awarded Honorable Mention for the 2013 ASEEES Harvard Davis Center Book Prize!The prize is sponsored by Harvard University’s Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies and is awarded annually by the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, for an outstanding monograph published on Russia, Eurasia, or Eastern Europe in anthropology, political science, sociology, or geography.
Utilizing research conducted primarily with residents of Sofia, Bulgaria, Iron Curtains: Gates, Suburbs, and Privatization of Space in the Post-socialist City explores the human dimension of new city-building that has emerged in East Europe.
- Features original data, illustrations, and theory on the process of privatization of resources in societies undergoing fundamental socio-economic transformations, such as those in Eastern Europe
- Represents the sole in-depth monograph on contemporary urbanism in Southeast Europe
- Makes a broader statement on issues of urbanism in Europe and other parts of the world while highlighting the complex connections between cultures and cities
Avainsanat: Sofia, Bulgaria, Eastern Europe, Soviet Union, Urban Planning, State Borders, Urbanism
, Urban Geography, Urban Sociology, Urban Development, Urban Geography, Urban Sociology, Urban Development
- Hirt, Sonia A.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- IJURR Studies in Urban and Social Change Book Series
- 256 sivua
- Kasvatus, opetus
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Painetun ISBN