A Companion to the Archaeology of the Roman Republic offers a diversity of perspectives to explore how differing approaches and methodologies can contribute to a greater understanding of the formation of the Roman Republic.
- Brings together the experiences and ideas of archaeologists from around the world, with multiple backgrounds and areas of interest
- Offers a vibrant exploration of the ways in which archaeological methods can be used to explore different elements of the Roman Republican period
- Demonstrates that the Republic was not formed in a vacuum, but was influenced by non-Latin-speaking cultures from throughout the Mediterranean region
- Enables archaeological thinking in this area to be made accessible both to a more general audience and as a valuable addition to existing discourse
- Investigates the archaeology of the Roman Republican period with reference to material culture, landscape, technology, identity and empire
Avainsanat: past; role; archaeology; ancient historians; work; overlaps; methods; republic; roman; companion; demonstrates; era; archaeological; influences; nonroman; formation; original; collection; range; areas; essays; archaeologists; wide, Ancient & Classical History, Ancient & Classical History