A Companion to the British and Irish Novel 1945-2000
serves as an extended introduction and reference guide to the British and Irish novel between the close of World War II and the turn of the millennium.
- Covers a wide range of authors from Samuel Beckett to Salman Rushdie
- Provides readings of key novels, including Graham Greene’s ‘Heart of the Matter’, Jean Rhys’s ‘Wide Sargasso Sea’ and Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘The Remains of the Day’
- Considers particular subgenres, such as the feminist novel and the postcolonial novel
- Discusses overarching cultural, political and literary trends, such as screen adaptations and the literary prize phenomenon
- Gives readers a sense of the richness and diversity of the novel during this period and of the vitality with which it continues to be discussed
Avainsanat: LITERARY CRITICISM / European / English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh LIT004120