provides an original and authoritative survey of twentieth-century American drama studies, written by some of the best scholars and critics in the field.
- Balances consideration of canonical material with discussion of works by previously marginalized playwrights
- Includes studies of leading dramatists, such as Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, Eugene O'Neill and Gertrude Stein
- Allows readers to make new links between particular plays and playwrights
- Examines the movements that framed the century, such as the Harlem Renaissance, lesbian and gay drama, and the solo performances of the 1980s and 1990s
- Situates American drama within larger discussions about American ideas and culture
Avainsanat: LITERARY CRITICISM / American / General LIT004020