Children's and young people's nursing presents unique challenges. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual utilises the latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge to address these challenges, andprovides the underlying theory and evidence fornursing care of children.It provides a definitive guide to clinical skills procedures in children's and young people's nursing which enables nurses working with children and young people to practice confidently and deliver clinically effective family-centred care.
- Offers access to clinical procedures developed through the extensive expertisefrom Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Contains evidence-basedrecommendations for expert care
- Encompasses all aspects ofchildren's care
- Contains procedures guidelines students can rely on and effectively use in practice following qualfication
- Highlightsspecific needs of neonates and adolescents
- Placed in the context of inter-disciplinary care of the child
- Includes the rationale for each procedure - the 'why' as well as 'how'
- Information presented in a similar way to The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - offering continuity to those working in both adult and paediatric settings
Avainsanat: fundamental; nursing care; paediatric; clinical skills; aspect; practical; practices; manual; nursing; paediatric clinical; evidencedbased; hospital; skills; great ormond; builds; extensive expertise; aspects; care, Community Nursing, Community Nursing