Kittens For Dummies (9781119609117) was previously published as Kittens For Dummies (9780764541506). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
Who can resist the charm of a kitten, those energetic, curious creatures whose cuteness factors fall somewhere between adorable and irresistible? But as animal shelters across the country can attest, those enchanting balls of fluff quickly mature into full-grown cats with their own requirements for healthy, happy lives.
Kittens For Dummies is your source for understanding what you can expect if you decide to welcome a high energy and high maintenance four-legged friend into your home. You'll not only figure out if you're ready to fit a kitty into your lifestyle, but also how to go about
- Adopting or buying the right kitten for you
- Making sure your home is kitten-proof
- Introducing your new pet to children and other pets
- Preventing and treating feline illnesses
- Dealing with behavioral issues
- Rescuing an orphaned kitten
Books abound about kitten care. Unlike many of them—those that seem to require a veterinary medicine degree to figure out—Kittens For Dummies explains everything in plain, everyday English. And like the subject itself, this handy reference is full of fun. In entertaining, informative language, the friendly guide gives you the real deal on
- Doling out plenty of love, attention, and patience
- Deciding whether kitty will be allowed to explore the outdoors
- Making your kitten comfy with the right supplies and accessories
- Knowing how often to ring the dinner bell
- Recognizing emergencies that call for quick trips to the veterinarian
- Locating qualified caretakers when you travel
- Nurturing kitty into adulthood
Before you take the giant leap into kitten ownership—a wonderful and sometimes chaotic world—check out the expert advice in a resource that's bound to become as constant a companion as your purr-fect pet.
Avainsanat: kittens; owning a kitten; how to take care of a kitten; kitten supplies; cat supplies; kitten maintenance; adopting a kitten; litterbox training, Pet Care / Cats, Veterinary Medicine - Dogs & Cats