Model Predictive Control of Wind Energy Conversion Systems addresses the predicative control strategy that has emerged as a promising digital control tool within the field of power electronics, variable-speed motor drives, and energy conversion systems.
The authors provide a comprehensive analysis on the model predictive control of power converters employed in a wide variety of variable-speed wind energy conversion systems (WECS). The contents of this book includes an overview of wind energy system configurations, power converters for variable-speed WECS, digital control techniques, MPC, modeling of power converters and wind generators for MPC design. Other topics include the mapping of continuous-time models to discrete-time models by various exact, approximate, and quasi-exact discretization methods, modeling and control of wind turbine grid-side two-level and multilevel voltage source converters. The authors also focus on the MPC of several power converter configurations for full variable-speed permanent magnet synchronous generator based WECS, squirrel-cage induction generator based WECS, and semi-variable-speed doubly fed induction generator based WECS. Furthermore, this book:
- Analyzes a wide variety of practical WECS, illustrating important concepts with case studies, simulations, and experimental results
- Provides a step-by-step design procedure for the development of predictive control schemes for various WECS configurations
- Describes continuous- and discrete-time modeling of wind generators and power converters, weighting factor selection, discretization methods, and extrapolation techniques
- Presents useful material for other power electronic applications such as variable-speed motor drives, power quality conditioners, electric vehicles, photovoltaic energy systems, distributed generation, and high-voltage direct current transmission.
- Explores S-Function Builder programming in MATLAB environment to implement various MPC strategies through the companion website
Reflecting the latest technologies in the field, Model Predictive Control of Wind Energy Conversion Systems is a valuable reference for academic researchers, practicing engineers, and other professionals. It can also be used as a textbook for graduate-level and advanced undergraduate courses.
Avainsanat: wind energy technology; wind energy control systems; power electronics; power converters; predictive control; grid-connected voltage-source converters; squirrel-cage induction generator; matrix converters, Control Systems Technology, Power Electronics, Control Systems Technology, Power Electronics