- Retains an emphasis on describing how natural geochemical processes operate over a variety of scales in time and space, and how the effects of human perturbation can be measured.
- Topics range from familiar global issues such as atmospheric pollution and its effect on global warming and ozone destruction, to microbiological processes that cause pollution of drinking water deltas.
- Contains sections and information boxes that explain the basic chemistry underpinning the subject covered.
- Each chapter contains a list of further reading on the subject area. Updated case studies.
- No prior chemistry knowledge required.
- Suitable for introductory level courses.
Avainsanat: environmental; key; many; chemistry; part; implicit; fundamental; important; subject; aspects; familiar; mineralogy; areas; crossover; edition; introduction; concise; thorough; fully; time; geochemical; scales; emphasis; book; natural, Geology & Geophysics, Environmental Science, Geology & Geophysics, Environmental Science