The fifth edition of Michigan: A History of the Great Lakes State presents an update of the best college-level survey of Michigan history, covering the pre-Columbian period to the present.
- Represents the best-selling survey history of Michigan
- Includes updates and enhancements reflecting the latest historic scholarship, along with the new chapter ‘Reinventing Michigan’
- Expanded coverage includes the socio-economic impact of tribal casino gaming on Michigan’s Native American population; environmental, agricultural, and educational issues; recent developments in the Jimmy Hoffa mystery, and collegiate and professional sports
- Delivered in an accessible narrative style that is entertaining as well as informative, with ample illustrations, photos, and maps
- Now available in digital formats as well as print
Avainsanat: Regional American History, Detroit, Jimmy Hoffa, upper peninsula, UP, Ann Arbor, University of Michigan, Wolverines, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, auto bailout, Henry Ford, state history, Auto Industry, Labor Unions, Native Americans, Fur Trade, College Sports