In the United States and in many other countries around the world, digital games have become an integral part of children’s lives. Discussions of research on youth and digital games often focus solely on negative effects (e.g., of violent video games), but this is far from the whole story. As natural problem-solving activities, digital games provide a rich context for applied cognition.
This volume explores topics such as:
- The benefits of digital games for children and adolescents’ cognitive skills
- The nature of their learning from educational media
- The influence of developmental factors on their interactions with digital games
- The use of developmental research and established educational practice to create effective educational games that they will play.
This is the 139th volume in this series. Its mission is to provide scientific and scholarly presentations on cutting edge issues and concepts in child and adolescent development. Each volume focuses on a specific new direction or research topic and is edited by experts on that topic.
Avainsanat: states; countries; many; united; world; lives; childrens; integral; games; part; digital; solely; negative; focus; research; discussions; effects; violent; story; whole; natural; cognition; rich context; explores topics; skills; volume, Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychology, Childhood, Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychology, Childhood
- Blumberg, Fran C.
- Fisch, Shalom M.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- J-B CAD Single Issue Child & Adolescent Development
- 96 sivua
- Kasvatus, opetus
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Painetun ISBN