Features coverage of the service systems lifecycle, including service marketing, engineering, delivery, quality control, management, and sustainment
Featuring an innovative and holistic approach, Service Science: The Foundations of Service Engineering and Management provides a new perspective of service research and practice. The book presents a practical approach to the service systems lifecycle framework, which aids in understanding and capturing market trends; analyzing the design and engineering of service products and delivery networks; executing service operations; and controlling and managing the service lifecycles for competitive advantage.
Utilizing a combined theoretical and practical approach to discuss service science, Service Science: The Foundations of Service Engineering and Management also features:
- Case studies to illustrate how the presented theories and design principles are applied in practice to the definitions of fundamental service laws, including service interaction and socio-technical natures
- Computational thinking and system modeling such asabstraction, digitalization, holistic perspectives, and analytics
- Plentiful examples of service organizations such as automobile after-sale services, global project management networks, and express delivery services
- An interdisciplinary emphasis that includes integrated approaches from the fields of mathematics, engineering, industrial engineering, business, operations research, and management science
- A detailed analysis of the key concepts and body of knowledge for readers to master the foundations of service management
Service Science: The Foundations of Service Engineering and Management is an ideal reference for practitioners in the contemporary service engineering and management field as well as researchers in applied mathematics, statistics, business/management science, operations research, industrial engineering, and economics. The book is also appropriate as a text for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level courses in industrial engineering, operations research, and management science as well as MBA students studying service management.
Avainsanat: systems; holistic; foundations; perspective; engineering; research; new; practical; framework; book; approach; capturing market; design; executing; operations; competitive; lifecycles; advantage; theoretical; science, Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing, Optimization, Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing, Optimization