- The book is organized around basic principles of software project management: planning and estimating, measuring and controlling, leading and communicating, and managing risk.
- Introduces software development methods, from traditional (hacking, requirements to code, and waterfall) to iterative (incremental build, evolutionary, agile, and spiral).
- Illustrates and emphasizes tailoring the development process to each project, with a foundation in the fundamentals that are true for all development methods.
- Topics such as the WBS, estimation, schedule networks, organizing the project team, and performance reporting are integrated, rather than being relegating to appendices.
- Each chapter in the book includes an appendix that covers the relevant topics from CMMI-DEV-v1.2, IEEE/ISO Standards 12207, IEEE Standard 1058, and the PMI Body of Knowledge.
Avainsanat: Software Management, Software project management, software development methods, project management, managing software projects, leading software projects, software projects, software development project management, software planning, software estimating