If you think Pit Bulls should be purged from the face of the earth, Pit Bulls For Dummies will enlighten you. Perhaps you're curious about this breed and want to know what Pit Bulls are really like; if so, this book is for you. Who else needs this handy reference?
- Smart people who realize that all breeds have good and bad points
- New (and not so new) owners who need help with training
- Owners looking for just the right veterinarian
- Potential owners looking to adopt from a breed-rescue group
- Pit Bull owners who need help identifying Pit Bull health problems
Too many dog care books are filled with unrealistic scare tactics that would cause anyone to just give up, while others are filled with hand-me-down dog lore that has no basis in reality. You won't find any of that in Pit Bulls For Dummies. Here's a sampling of the handy information you'll find in this essential guide:
- Understanding the Pit Bull's origins and characteristics
- Caring for a puppy or older Pit Bull
- Keeping your dog healthy with diet and exercise
- Dealing with bad behavior: Biting, barking, jumping, and more
- Training your Pit Bull in the basics such as sit, stay, heel, and come
- Understanding Pit Bull body language
- Helping your dog become a social animal
Owning a Pit Bull isn’t easy, but that’s not because of the dogs. A special commitment to the breed and a special dog owner are needed. Pit Bulls are pretty special dogs, and they have to prove it every day.