The era when associations could count on members joining and renewing, even with a relatively unchanging menu of membership benefits, has passed. No, membership is not dead, argues author Sarah Sladek. But associations do need to change their thinking and their models. In The End of Membership As We Know It: Building the Fortune-Flipping, Must-Have Association of the Next Century, Sladek offers practical, proven ways that associations can respond to changes affecting participation such as the generational shifts in the workforce, social changes, and technology-eased access to content and community.
The End of Membership As We Know It explains:
- How niche the new competitive advantage is
- Why organizational culture has an enormous impact on recruitment and retention
- What emerging member-prospects value and want
- Why and how to focus on member ROI instead of program ROI
- How to craft and deliver compelling benefits rather than features
- How to extend your reach
- Which emerging models are taking root and showing promise
Providing numerous real-world examples along with specific guidance, The End of Membership As We Know It is a must-have guide for moving your membership model into the future.
Avainsanat: Non-Profit Organizations / Management Leadership, Association membership, membership development, membership model, Sara Sladek, Sladek, association development, association growth, membership structure