CliffsNotes on Hiroshima captures the essence of the novel, which is based on detailed interviews with survivors of the bombing. Hiroshima takes the extraordinary and inexplicable event and show how it impacts six ordinary human lives. Author John Hersey personalized the event so that Americans, as well as a worldwide audience, could begin to understand the repercussions of the detonation of the atom bomb.
This concise supplement to Hersey's Hiroshima helps you understand the overall structure of the novel, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. Features that help you study include
- Chapter-by-chapter summaries and commentaries
- A map of Hiroshima that shows the location of the main characters and areas of greatest destruction
- A glossary that helps you get the most out of your reading
- A critical essay that describes the people and events that led to the decision to drop the bomb.
- A review section that tests your knowledge
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.