The first part of the book introduces the essential underpinnings of molecular ecology and gives a review of genetics and discussion of the molecular markers that are most frequently used in ecological research, and a chapter devoted to the newly emerging field of ecological genomics. The second half of the book covers specific applications of molecular ecology, covering phylogeography, behavioural ecology and conservation genetics.
The new edition provides a thoroughly up-to-date introduction to the field, emphasising new types of analyses and including current examples and techniques whilst also retaining the information-rich, highly readable style which set the first edition apart.
- Incorporates both theoretical and applied perspectives
- Highly accessible, user-friendly approach and presentation
- Includes self-assessment activities with hypothetical cases based on actual species and realistic data sets
- Uses case studies to place the theory in context
- Provides coverage of population genetics, genomics, phylogeography, behavioural ecology and conservation genetics.
Avainsanat: aspects; introduction; diverse; accessible; many; subject; groups; logical; range; examples; progressive; book; approach; theory; taxonomic; wide; style; analysis; straightforward; often challenging; highly; population; comprehensible; indepth