- Provides an introduction to the use of stochastic models through an integrated presentation of theory, algorithms and applications.
- Incorporates recent developments in computational probability.
- Includes a wide range of examples that illustrate the models and make the methods of solution clear.
- Features an abundance of motivating exercises that help the student learn how to apply the theory.
- Accessible to anyone with a basic knowledge of probability.
A First Course in Stochastic Models is suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students from computer science, engineering, statistics, operations resear ch, and any other discipline where stochastic modelling takes place. It stands out amongst other textbooks on the subject because of its integrated presentation of theory, algorithms and applications.