Network Convergence creates a framework to aid the understanding of Next Generation Networks, their potential for supporting new and enhanced applications and their relationships with legacy networks. The book identifies and explains the concepts and principles underlying standards for networks, services and applications.
- Gives comprehensive coverage of packet multimedia, enterprise networks, third generation mobile communications, OSA/Parlay and developments in fixed networks.
- Gives an integrated view of diverse information and communications systems and technology through a common NGN Framework.
- Delves into protocols, APIs and software processes for supporting services and applications in advanced networks.
- Discusses a variety of applications of telecommunications supporting IT and IT enhanced by communications.
- Follows developments in operations support systems standards and links these to next generation networks.
- Includes a wealth of examples, use cases, tables and illustrations that help reinforce the material for students and practitioners.
- Features an accompanying website with PowerPoint presentations, glossary, web references, tutorial problems, and 'learn more' pages.
This essential reference guide will prove invaluable to advanced undergraduate and graduate students, academics and researchers. It will also be of interest to professionals working for telecommunications network operators, equipment vendors, telecoms regulators, and engineers who wish to further their knowledge of next generation networks.