…Nominative Subjects in “X was not at Y”-constructions
7. Differential Argument Marking in Two-term Case Systems and its Implications for the General Theory of Case Marking
Peter M. Arkadiev
8. Non-canonical Agent Marking in Agul
Bring French to life and make it meaningful by linking it to other subjects using a Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) approach. The practical, easy-to-use ideas in this book will make it easy to integrate language learning across the curriculum. By incorporating French into maths,…
…Missing Subjects in Early Child Language
3. Grammatical Computation in the Optional Infinitive Stage
4. Computational Models of Language Acquisition
5. The Acquisition of the Passive
Kamil Ud Deen
…Explains key relationships between the language and literature of the Classical period (500 - 300 BC) Provides a social history of the language which transliterates and translates all Greek as appropriate, and is therefore accessible to readers who know little or no Greek Written in the framework of…
… Introducing Polity’s Why It Matters series: In these short and lively books, world-leading thinkers make the case for the importance of their subjects and aim to inspire a new generation of students.
…Null Subjects in Brazilian Portuguese and Finnish: They are not Derived by Movement*
V. Extensions and Alternatives to the Mtc
11. On (Non-)Obligatory Control*
Cedric Boeckx, Norbert Hornstein
12. Control and Wh-Infinitivals‡
Do you commit apostrophe atrocities?
Are you tormented by the lie/lay conundrum?
Do you find yourself stuck between floaters and danglers?
Do your subjects and your verbs refuse to agree?
If so, you're not alone. Some of the most prominent professionals in TV broadcasting…
…The entries, which range in length from one line to nearly a hundred lines each, cover terms defining types of manuscript, their physical features and materials, writing implements, writing surfaces, scribes and other writing agents, scripts, postal markings, and seals, as well as subjects…
CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest subjects. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and test your newfound knowledge with review questions.
If you're confident that you have mastered the basic grammatical structures of French and have…
Table of contents
1. The Interaction of Case, Word Order and Prominence: Language Production and Comprehension in a Cross-linguistic Perspective
Monique J. A. Lamers, Peter Swart
2. A Lexical-Functional Account of Spanish Dative Usage
3. Case in Conflict: Embedded Subjects in Mongolian