Table of contents
Roberto Stefano, Francisco Javier Ramón Solans
Part I. Europe
2. Liturgical Creativity and Marian Solemnity: The Coronation of Pilgrimage Virgin Maries in France (1853–1964)
3. Politics of the Sacred: Lourdes, France, and Rome
…Converting to ‘Mormonisms’ in France: A Conversion Both Religious and Cultural?
10. Participating without Converting: The Case of Muslims Attending St Anthony’s Church in Istanbul
11. Conclusion: What Matters with…
…A bestseller in France, this book will appeal to a wide readership interested in history, religion and the rise of the modern world.
…Comparing Protestant-Catholic Conflict in France and Ireland: the Significance of the Ethnic and Colonial Dimension
Part III. Anti-Catholicism, Muslims and Islamophobia
10. The Multiculturalism Backlash and the Mainstreaming of Islamophobia…