…Best Practices for Urban Hyperspectral Remote Sensing Data Acquisition and Processing
Vijay Lulla, Ryan R. Jensen
5. Thermal Neighborhoods, Socioeconomic Characteristics, and Urban Quality of Life: Examining Humanity’s…
Urban Geography a comprehensive introduction to a variety of issues relating to contemporary urban geography, including patterns and processes of urbanization, urban development, urban…
Multidisciplinary treatment of the urgent issues surrounding urban pollution worldwide
Written by some of the top experts on the subject in the world, this book presents the diverse, complex and current themes of the urban pollution debate across…
Becoming an Urban Planner answers these key questions:
What do urban planners do?
What are the educational requirements?
How do I enter the field?
How do I choose between the different types of planning, from land use planning to policy planning?
What is the future of…
…Dividing the Waters: Urban Growth, City Life and Water Management in Amsterdam 1100–2000
2. TOXI-CITY: Protecting World-Class Drinking Water
3. Reading Urban Futures Through Their Blue…
Community is a central idea in urban studies but remains conceptually vague and empirically difficult to work with. Building on existing theories of community, Talja Blokland offers an important contribution to defining and understanding this key theme.
Blokland argues that there has…
…Urban Management and Spatial Planning
1. Overview of Material and Energy Flows in Water Infrastructures in Context of Urban Metabolism
Eve Menger-Krug, Jutta Niederste-Hollenberg, Thomas Hillenbrand
2. Improvement of the Statutory Framework for Construction…
Table of contents
1. Film Works Wonders: Analysis, History and Town Plan United in a Single Representation
2. From the Campfire to the Computer: An Epistemology of Multiplicity and the Story Turn in Planning
3. Beyond the Flatlands: Digital Ethnographies in the Planning Field
Temporary urban uses – innovative ways to transform cities or new means to old ends?
The scale and variety of temporary – or meanwhile or interim – urban uses and spaces has grown rapidly in response to the dramatic increase in vacant and derelict…
…A Multidimensional Frame for Analyzing Urban Public Spaces Policies and Politics
Lucia Capanema Alvares, Jorge Luiz Barbosa
Part I. About People
2. The Power of the Body in Public Space: The Urban as a Deprivation of…