A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era presents a collection of new historiographic essays covering the years between 1877 and 1920, a period which saw the U.S. emerge from the ashes of Reconstruction to become a world power.
…Gilded takes you along as you explore the fascinating heritage of the Newport elite, from its first colonists to the newest of its new millennium millionaires, showing the evolution of a city intent on living in its own world. Through a narrative filled with engrossing…
This volume presents documents that illustrate the variety of experiences and themes involved in the transformation of American political, economic, and social systems during the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (1870-1920).Includes nearly 70 documents…
Table of contents
2. ‘Fitted to a Frame’: Picturing the Gothic Female Body
3. ‘Handled with a Chain’: Gilman’s ‘The Yellow Wall-Paper’ and the Dangers of the Arabesque
…history survey, the history of American business, and specialized courses in social history and the Gilded Age.
…Laughing at Gilded Butterflies: Integrating Wisdom, Development, and Learning, Caroline L. Bassett
14. Spiritual Development in Adulthood: Key Concepts and Models, Ronald R. Irwin
Part V - Essential Contexts for the Learning, Developing Adult
15. Effects of Children…
…In the Shadow of the Gilded Age: Biopolitics in the Age of Disposability
Henry A. Giroux
…The Gilded Age, the Progressive Era, and the New Era
4. Mixed Results
5. Cycles of Policy Control
6. How Do We Fix It?
…The story of this symbol of America's Gilded Age is filled with such gusto and vigor that even hardcore business readers will be swept away."
"Superb historical biography of one of the more colorful…
…The Gilded Age and the Crisis of Competition
3. Icarus Meets the New Deal
4. I Want to Be Like Mike: LBO's and the New Corporate Governance
5. Enron, WorldCom and the Transformation of Icarus
6. "The Most Sweeping Securities…