…Philosophy of Life Sciences
5. Bio-Agency and the Possibility of Artificial Agents
Anne Sophie Meincke
6. When Mechanisms Are Not Enough: The Origin of Eukaryotes and Scientific Explanation
Roger Deulofeu, Javier Suárez
7. Functions, Malfunctioning,…
…Realism, Science and Emancipation
3. Method, Marxism and Critical Realism
John Michael Roberts
4. Marxism, the Dialectic of Freedom and Emancipation
5. Agency and Dialectics: What Critical Realism Can Learn From Althusser’s…
In this ground-breaking new text, Patrick Baert analyses the central perspectives in the philosophy of social science, critically investigating the work of Durkheim, Weber, Popper, critical realism, critical theory, and Rorty's neo pragmatism.
…History of Philosophy of Science as Philosophy of Science by Other Means?
3. Aspects of Current History of Philosophy…
This volume presentsa definitive introduction to the core areas of philosophy of science.
Continental Philosophy of Science provides an expert guide to the major twentieth-century French and German philosophical thinking on science.
A comprehensive introduction by the editor provides a unified interpretative survey of continental work…
…The Social Lives of Minds and Brains
5. Thinking Machines: Flesh and Metal, Metal and Flesh
6. God and Society: Emile Durkheim and the Rejection of Transcendence
7. The Social…
…Tradition Contrast: Whose Science and Technology for Whose Social Progress?
6. Diversity and Dissent in Science: Does Democracy Always Serve Feminist Aims?
7. What Is in It for Me?…
…Formal and Material Theories in Philosophy of Science: A Methodological Interpretation
Alan C. Love
17. Axiological Scientific Realism and Methodological Prescription
Timothy D. Lyons
18. Consensus Formation in…