The University as a Critical Institution?
1. The University as a Critical Institution? An Introduction
Rosemary Deem, Heather Eggins
Part 1. The Contemporary University: Governance and Organisational Futures
2. Can the University be a Liveable Institution in the Anthropocene?
3. Hard and Soft Managerialism in Portuguese Higher Education Governance
António Magalhães, Amélia Veiga, Pedro Videira
4. Understanding the Changes of the Higher Education Governance in Poland and Ukraine
Myroslava Hladchenko, Dominik Antonowicz, Harry de Boer
5. What Does Academic Freedom Mean for Academics?
Part 2. Widening Participation, Curricular Innovation, Research Policy
6. How Can we Widen Participation in Higher Education? The Promise of Contextualised Admissions
Vikki Boliver, Stephen Gorard, Nadia Siddiqui
7. Liberal Education Under Financial Pressure
Daniel Kontowski, David Kretz
8. Heterogeneous Responses of Portuguese Polytechnics to New Research Policy Demands
Sandra Hasanefendic, Maria Teresa Patricio, Frank G. A. de Bakker
Part 3. Higher Education Policies and Practices on Teaching Quality and Excellence, Research and the Student Experience
9. The Perceptions of Quality Management by Universities’ Internal Stakeholders
Maria J. Manatos, Maria J. Rosa, Cláudia S. Sarrico
10. Internationalization – A Tool to Enhance Intercultural Competence in Higher Education?
Tone Horntvedt, Ellen Carm
11. University Student Participation in Out-of-Class Activities
Monia Anzivino, Michele Rostan
12. Unravelling Tacit Knowledge
- Deem, Rosemary
- Eggins, Heather
- Publication year
- Higher Education Research in the 21st Century Series
- Page amount
- 246 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (PDF)