Part I. Armed Groups
1. Armed Groups, Rebel Coalitions, and Transnational Groups: The Degree of Organization Required from Non-State Armed Groups to Become Party to a Non-International Armed Conflict
2. Welcome on Board: Improving Respect for International Humanitarian Law Through the Engagement of Armed Non-State Actors
3. Compliance with International Humanitarian Law by Non-State Armed Groups: How Can It Be Improved?
4. Crime-Based Targeted Sanctions: Promoting Respect for International Humanitarian Law by the Security Council
Hilde D. Roskam
5. Engaging Armed Groups Through the Development of Human Rights Obligations: Incorporating Practice, Motivation and Ideology to Promote Compliance with International Law
6. Armed Groups and Procedural Accountability: A Roadmap for Further Thought
Part II. Other Articles
7. Knock on the Roof: Legitimate Warning or Method of Warfare?
Jeroen C. Boogaard
8. Year in Review 2016
Kate Pitcher, Sophie Valk, Geneviève Girard