Rinehart, Robert E.
1. Proem: Engaging Contemporary Ethnography Across the Disciplines
Robert E. Rinehart, Karen N. Barbour, Clive C. Pope
Part I. Social Justice and Transformation: Theoretical Ethnographic Visions
2. Social Justice, Transformation and Indigenous Methodologies
Linda Tuhiwai Smith
3. Amazwi Abesifazane and Mapula: Alternative Spaces of Narrative, Disclosure and Empowerment in Post-apartheid South Africa
4. Advanced Marginalization and Re-criminalization of Undocumented Workers in the U.S.
5. Finding a Space for English: A Case Study of How a Māori-Medium School Negotiates the Teaching of Māori and English
6. Negotiating Safe and Unsafe Space: Participation, Discomfort and Response-Ability in Higher Education Institute Transformation in South Africa
Part II. Practice and Advocacy: Doing Ethnography on the Ground
7. Living and Learning Together: Principled Practice for Engagement and Social Transformation in the East Kimberley Region of Western Australia
8. The Journey to a Good Life: Exploring Personal and Organisational Transformation Through Digital Storytelling
Elaine Bliss, Janelle Fisher
9. Toi tu te whenua, toi tu te tangata: A Holistic Māori Approach to Flood Management
10. One Woman, One Too Many
11. Co-creating Visual Theories of Change with Treaty and Decolonisation Activists
Ingrid L. M. Huygens
Part III. Emerging Methods: Traditional, Experimental, Transgressive Forms
12. Sustaining Fish-Human Communities? A More-Than-Human Question
13. Acts of Representation: A Labour of Love
Karen N. Barbour
14. Battered in the Media: The Value of Theorizing as a Method for Lessening the Pain of Lived Experience
15. The ‘Insider’s View’ in Media Studies: A Case Study of the Performance Ethnography of Mobile Media
Kyoung-hwa Yonnie Kim
16. Erica’s Story: A Poetic Representation of Loss and Struggle
Vivienne Elizabeth, Nicola Gavey, Julia Tolmie
Part IV. Afterword
17. A Critical Performance Pedagogy That Matters
Norman K. Denzin
Keywords: Social Sciences, Anthropology, Regional and Cultural Studies, Cross Cultural Psychology
- Rinehart, Robert E.
- Barbour, Karen N.
- Pope, Clive C.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 14 pages
- eISBN (PDF)